In this article, we will set up Wholesale Shipping for specific customers. The Wholesale Shipping will apply to only 'wholesale' tagged-based customers after logging in at the checkout page.
While those customers who are not logged in or do not have the wholesale tag will not get wholesale shipping.
On this page
Let's go through each step one by one:
Tip: To offer different shipping charges to different wholesale customers, you can create separate Wholesale Shipping rules with different tags for special customer charges
Step #1: Create a Wholesale Shipping Rule
As an example, let's create a Wholesale Shipping rule that applies $10 to 'Wholesale' tagged customers once they are logged in, when their cart total is greater than $100.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Apps and select the Wholesale All-In-Oneapplication
- From Wholesale All In One, go to the Manage Shipping tab.
- Click the Create Add Shipping button.
1. Wholesale shipping Title
- Create a title for the Wholesale shipping rule
- Specify a message for the Wholesale shipping rule, which will appear on the shopping cart page once applied.
2. Target Customer Selection
- Select the Only tag based logged in customers option from the ' Customer Selection' section.
- Add a wholesale tag in the 'Enter tags' section, so only wholesale tagged customers avail of this wholesale shipping charges from this rule.
Note. We will add the same 'wholesale' tag in the customer in the next step.
You can learn more about others option in "Various customer selection" section.
3. Custom shipping charges
- Select Cart Total Amount (Subtotal) option.
- Add shipping charges.
- Set minimum cart total amount.
you can learn more about other options in the "shipping rates type" section.
- Click the 'Save Shipping' button.
Step 2: Prepare customers to get wholesale app shipping
We just need to add a 'wholesale' tag to the customer, then the customer will automatically get Wholesale shipping based on the matching tag in the 'Manage Shipping' rule(s).
- From your Shopify admin, go to Customers and select a customer for whom you want to set up wholesale shipping.
- In this example, we are choosing our 'Test Customer'.
- Scroll down to the tags section and add the tag wholesale.
- Click the Save button at the top.
Once a customer logs into your website and visits the checkout page, the Wholesale shipping will appear as long as the matching 'wholesale' tag is present in a customer account.