1) Regular retail customers (non-wholesale) should receive free shipping on all order over specific amount such as $50, $100 etc.
Note: You can ignore or change minimum requirements for Free Shipping.
2) Wholesale customers should NOT receive free shipping at all. In fact, they will receive the shipping rates on checkout page based on configured shipping rates in dashboard => Settings => Shipping section.
- Solution #1: Using Flat shipping rates in Wholesale All In One app
- Solution #2: Using Wholesale All In One application
- Solution #3: Using Separate Shipping application
- Solution #4: Using Shopify Plus Plan
Solution #1: Using Flat shipping rates in Wholesale All In One app
Note, this feature is available in both Professional and Business Plans.
The simple way is to overwrite the free shipping rates with the Flat Shipping rates for wholesale customers. You can define flat shipping rates for wholesale customers from the "Manage Shipping' section of Wholesale All In One application, see the below screenshot as reference:
Note, please make sure flat shipping rates range starts from $0 to avoid free shipping for wholesale customers as highlighted in the below screenshot.
Solution #2: Using Wholesale All In One app
Note, this feature is only available in Business Plan.
Find and remove FREE SHIPPING rule configured under Shopify dashboard => Settings => Shipping.
Note: If there is no Fee Shipping rule in default Shopify shipping section then you can ignore this step.
Create new Shipping rule from the Manage Shipping section in the Wholesale All In One app dashboard with the following configurations:
Configure Free Shipping for ALL CUSTOMERS except specific tagged customers. See the screenshots below for better understanding:
Options to apply Free Shipping for all customers except 'wholesale' tagged customers.
Example #1: Free Shipping on all order for all customers except 'wholesale' tagged customers.
- In this case we will ignore minimum cart requirements because we want to setup Free shipping to all orders.
Example #2: Free Shipping over $50 for all customers except 'wholesale' tagged customers.
- In this case we will set up minimum cart requirements because we want to allow Free shipping over $50.
Solution #3: Using Separate Shipping application
Almost all Shipping rates apps are compatible with the Wholesale All In One application, below are few Shopify shipping apps examples that allow you to set up different shipping rates for retail and wholesale customers based on tags.
- Intuitive Shipping
- Bespoke Shipping
Solution #4: Using Shopify Plus Plan
If you're using Shopify Plus plan then contact us and we will write script to disable the free shipping for wholesale customers.