A filter list always contains a Default filter tree after you install the app successfully. The filter tree will display on all collections pages by default. When you create a new filter and apply it to a specific collection, this filter will replace the default filter in that collection.
In this examples, Lets setup the default filter tree.
Location: Shopify dashboard => Advanced filters & Search => Filter
1. Press the "Synchronize Now" button to update the catalog information to the database.
2. Click "Edit Icon" to Edit the default filter tree according to your requirements.
3. By default, the "Default filter" appears on all collection pages. You can display the default filter on specific collections if needed. (Optional)
4. You will see 5 filter options labeled as Collections, Product type, Vendors, Size, Color and Price already added in the default filter tree as shown in the screenshot bellow.
Manage Filter Options
You can perform any of the following operations/actions to manage the filter options according to your business requirements.
1. You can delete an existing filter option by pressing "Trash" icon.
2. You can enable or disable an existing filter option by pressing the toggle button.
3. You can rearrange the position of the filter options by pressing the lup or down arrows buttons.
4. You can add new filter option or update an existing filter option.
There are 5 types of standard filter options, You can see the filter options types when you try to add new filter option or update an existing filter option.
FILTER OPTION TYPES:
1. Filter options based on COLLECTIONS
2. Filter options based on PRODUCT TYPES
3. Filter options based on TAGS
4. Filter options based on VENDORS
5. Filter options based PRICE
NOTE: There are some more filter option types which are based on the products options in your store like title, size, and color etc.
Depending on the option type you have just chosen, You will see the additional options:
Option label: Name of the filter option visible to the customers.
Option display: Types of filter option, which are: List, Box, Swatch and Range slider
Option select: allow a filter option to be chosen one time only or multiple-choice. There are two options: Single and Multiple.
Option values: allow a filter option to display all values or specific values to the customers.
Click "Add" and new filter option will be added to Filter options table.
Click "Update Filter Tree" button located at the bottom to update the filter.
After adding filter options based on your requirements, You can enable the default filter tree. You can disable the filter tree any time by pressing toggle button again.
You will see your configured filter options at the sidebar on the collection pages.