How can I have my regular online customers get charged Tax / VAT, but not the wholesale customers?
Methods to mark a customer as tax exempt
1. Set up tax-exempt for an existing customer
Follow the below steps to learn how to mark an existing customer for tax exemption:
- Let's go to the customer detail page:
In your Shopify admin, go to 'customers' section then search and select the customer to exclude tax.
OR, you can directly select the customer from the customers listing page. (Optional)
- From the customer detail page, press the 'Manage' link from the 'Tax Settings' section.
- Uncheck the checkbox called 'Collect Tax' and press 'save' button.
2. Set up tax-exempt for new customer
You can also mark a customer as tax exempt during the customer approval process from Wholesale All In One application.
- Select the 'Manage Customers' section from the Wholesale All In One application dashboard.
- Select the 'Pending Approvals' tab
- Select the customer to approve as tax-exempt.
- Select the checkbox called 'Set this customer as tax-exempt'.
- Finally, press the 'Approve customer' button to approve the customer as tax-exempt.